Tiada apa yang boleh anda cari di sini, kecuali segala kisah yang berkaitan dengan Sahibus Samaah As Sheikh Datuk Seri Sivaji Anu War Berahi Al Juburi yang aku kutip dari sumber maya yang bersepah-sepah untuk dikumpulkan dalam satu blog untuk tujuan dijadikan bahan bacaan/rujukan kepada anak dan cucu ku kelak.

Blog Archive

Thursday, August 13, 2009

DIA TETAP SELAMBA BERCERAMAH SABAN HARI

Malaysian PM says that he has 'incontrovertible proof' of ex-DPM's involvement in homosexuality

By BRENDAN PEREIRA IN KUALA LUMPUR (excerpts)

FORMER deputy prime minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim will be charged in court for sodomy soon, despite being held under the Internal Security Act (ISA) for instigating and trying to recreate Indonesian-style riots in Kuala Lumpur, said Prime Minister Datuk Seri Dr Mahathir Mohamad yesterday.

Dr Mahathir also revealed that allegations of his protege's involvement in homosexuality emerged several years ago when the former Inspector-General of Police Tun Haniff Omar mentioned it. Like many Malaysians today, the Prime Minister said that he thought it ridiculous. Even when the talk resurfaced last year, he dismissed it as an attempt by some people to end Datuk Seri Anwar's career.

But following investigations into the book, 50 Reasons Why Anwar Cannot Be PM, concrete evidence started surfacing. "I had incontrovertible proof that it was true before I believed."

Shifting uncomfortably, he replied: "It is difficult for me to explain. It will be difficult for them to explain. I tell you what the police tell me. They had not only performed sodomy. During the process, he was, I don't know what you call it. He was masturbating... masturbating the man.

"Do I go around the town or the world telling that this is what my deputy was doing. This is what the man told the police. This behaviour is despicable."

He said that Datuk Seri Anwar had hoped that the shame felt by his partners would prevent them from speaking up. But his gamble backfired.

Source: The Straits Times (Singapore), 23 September 1998.

ANOTHER VERSION:

Movement for reform 'a cover-up'

Malaysian Prime Minister Datuk Seri Dr Mahathir Mohamad held an hour-long press conference at his office yesterday to explain the content of the Umno Supreme Council meeting on Monday following the arrest of Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim BRENDAN PEREIRA attended the question-and-answer session and filed these excerpts:

Q: Many people still do not believe the allegations.

A: It is quite true that a lot of people still believe in him.

And I must say that, even for me, it took me years to believe the allegations against him.

I was told by the former Inspector-General of Police Tun Haniff. I dismissed it as being false.

Then, last year, I was told again. I thought it was being spread out of sheer jealousy against a man who was going to be the leader of the party.

I had incontrovertible proof that it was true before I believed.

But other people cannot very well get the information that I got.

I interviewed the people he sodomised, the women he slept with and the driver who brought the women to the place where he met them.

I told them. Look, if you are being forced into making a confession, tell me. I will protect you. Several of them said that he was not fit to be the prime minister.

Q: Did you tell Umno leaders what Anwar did so that they can explain?

A: It is difficult for me to explain. And I think it will be difficult for them to explain.

I tell you what the police tells me. They had not only performed sodomy. During the process, he was -- I don't know what you call it -- he was masturbating the man.

Do I go around town or the world telling that this is what my deputy was doing.

I cannot understand how a man can invent a story like that.

This is what the man told the police. This behaviour is despicable. And this is someone who says that other people's behaviour is despicable.

Q: Is it going to be extremely difficult for people in rural areas to believe that Anwar did these things?

A: It is difficult for me to believe. It is difficult for my colleagues to believe. It is definitely very difficult for us to go and tell a whole group of people, including women and children what had happened.

We are a very conservative society, we don't talk about these things.

Source: The Straits Times (Singapore), 23 September 1998.

ANOTHER ONE PLEASE !

Dr M: It'll take time for people to believe

KUALA LUMPUR: Datuk Seri Dr Mahathir Mohamad admitted yesterday that he brushed aside allegations of sexual misconduct against Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim for many years.

He said he even put aside information provided by former Inspector-General of Police Tun Mohd Hanif Omar, who retired in 1994.

Thus, the Prime Minister said, it was only to be expected that the people would also take time to believe the accusations against his former deputy because he himself had taken years to believe them.

"Yes, I was told about this before he (Hanif) retired. But I chose not to believe because I found it hard to believe that of a man who projects himself as a religious person," he told a press conference at his office.

Dr Mahathir said he was again told about it last year but dismissed it, believing it to stem from sheer jealousy over a man who was going to be the leader of the party.

The Prime Minister also said it was difficult for him and the Government leaders to explain to the public the extent of Anwar's sexual misconduct.

"Let me tell what Dr Munawar Ahmad Aness told the police" and Dr Mahathir, cringing, described the sexual act.

(Note -- Excerpts from The Straits Times (Singapore), 23 September 1998:

I tell you what the police tells me. They had not only performed sodomy. During the process, he was -- I don't know what you call it -- he was masturbating the man. :) Webmaster)

"Is this what I have to go around telling the world that my deputy was doing?

"This is what the police were told. The act was despicable. And this is a man who talks about other people being despicable," he said.

Dr Mahathir said it would be difficult for him and his colleagues to explain to the people, including children, what had happened.

Comparing the situation with US President Bill Clinton's admission about having sex with Monica Lewinsky, he said Malaysians were conservative and did not talk about such things openly.

However, he was sure that the people would finally believe the truth.

Source: Excerpts from The Star, 23 September 1998.

Hanif: I told Dr M of Anwar's tendencies

Thursday, September 24, 1998

By Ashraf Abdullah

KUALA LUMPUR, Wed. - Former Inspector-General of Police Tun Hanif Omar confirmed today he had informed Prime Minister Datuk Seri Dr Mahathir Mohamad in 1993 that Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim had homosexual tendencies.

He said his report to Dr Mahathir was based on "convincing evidence" gathered by his officers. "I registered a point, but the Prime Minister did not register interest," he said.

Hanif, who retired as the country's longest serving IGP in 1993, was appointed the country's No. 1 police officer in June 1974 when he was only 35. He retired 19 years later.

Hanif said he informed Dr Mahathir about his officers' findings on Oct 9, 1993, a few weeks before he went on leave prior to retirement.

He said he was duty-bound to inform Dr Mahathir because the police were worried that Anwar's activities would expose him to possible blackmail.

Hanif said when his officers had first informed him that Anwar, who was then Finance Minister, was involved in such activities, he instructed them to carry out in-depth investigations to gather more evidence.

"My officers and I had a few meetings after that, and when I was fully convinced, I went to inform the Prime Minister," Hanif, who is Resorts World Bhd deputy chairman, told reporters in Genting Highland.

He said police had evidence then that Anwar was involved in homosexual relations with two men, one of whom was a foreigner.

He, however, declined to reveal their identities.

He said Anwar's nature, charisma and networking skills made it difficult for people to believe he was involved in homosexual relations.

"But I have no doubt in my own mind, that as far as the old case is concerned it (the allegation of homosexual relations) was true," he said.

"We could not convict him on that basis, but evidence was strong."

Hanif said that as Dr Mahathir did not show interest, he left it at that, but told senior officers to "keep an eye" on the matter.

He said when he informed Dr Mahathir about the matter, he was preparing to retire from the force.

Hanif said that a few days after he had informed Dr Mahathir, an "intermediary" came to see him, saying that Anwar sought a meeting with him (Hanif) over the "sensitive matter".

"I accepted the invitation and went to see him at his house after the subuh prayers.

"I don't want to disclose details of the meeting to the Press, but it was clear to me that he knew what I knew.

"He didn't ask me why I reported the matter to the Prime Minister. He (Anwar) just asked me whether my officers would use the information to blackmail him.

"I told him that my officers are not in the blackmailing business. I told him to stop his (homosexual) activities."

Asked whether it was normal for police officers during his term as IGP to monitor the activities of Ministers, Hanif said police did not have the need nor the resources to do so.

"We did not have such duties. But at times, in the course of our actions to safeguard national and public safety, we did come across information which gave rise to suspicion of criminal activities. This warranted further investigations."

Hanif said he gave a statement to two police officers from the Federal police headquarters this afternoon.

On accusations made by Anwar that the police were involved in political conspiracy, Hanif said it was impossible for the whole police force to be involved in a conspiracy.

Yesterday, Dr Mahathir told a Press conference that Hanif had informed him about Anwar's homosexual tendencies but he chose not to believe it.

Source: New Straits Times, 24 September 1998


No comments:

Followers